Outside: Cool air, gray skies, sprinkles, and winds-a-blowin’!
I am Thinking: About the work being done on the bathroom this week, and how refreshing it will be to have finished walls and a floor that I can actually keep somewhat clean. About Preparations that are needed for our forthcoming, much needed vacation.
In the Kitchen: Not too much going on. Needs some restocking, hopefully we can take a much needed trip to the grocery store tonight. I Also need to sit down and go through all the great ideas I have collected and actually get a meal plan together. I Plan to make some more jam before the end of the week, that is if the sun shines through and we can get to the berry patch.
I am Thankful: For the time spent with family yesterday, snuggly babies, an the acceptance letter I received by surprise on Saturday in the mail.
The last week has been such a whirlwind that sitting here and reflecting, I can hardly remember anything that happened. The thing that stands out in my mind the most is that one night this week The Baby was really tired. Popo was watching Sesame Street 25th Anniversary DVD after a bath. I took The Baby upstairs to get jammies on and the rest of the get-ready-for-bed routine. I sat with her in the rocker where normally after about 30 seconds she climbs down and wanders off to the toys and books. This night she put her head right down and snuggled in and I rocked her right to sleep. It was so refreshing since she hasn’t let me do that in probably a year! After she fell asleep and I had her all tucked in, I convinced Popo to come get her jammies on and we snuggled a bit too.
We’ve had pretty good luck in the garden. I have some baby cukes coming up, and The Manchild informed me this morning that the tomatoes are flowering full force. Those are my favorite, so I hope we have some fruit to show for our labor soon! I mixed up some Dr. Bronner’s pest spray and I am waiting to see how that works out. The only problem that I had was I accidentally broke some of the plants when I was trying to get the undersides of the leaves sprayed. Hopefully they will forgive me and get past the injuries. I will be much more careful next time, although I though I thought I was pretty gentle this time!
The Manchild and I made strawberry freezer jam, which you may have already read about. This was some nice together time we had, something I think he has been looking for. He seems to have taken an interest in cooking, and he made 2 batches of brownies by himself over the weekend. One over at Mayonaies’s, and one yesterday to take to the Father’s Day cook out. I’m going to try to encourage him more in this by keeping him involved in the planning and cooking on a regular basis, this might be a way to get some quality ‘mom’ time in for him.
Last week I was anxiously waiting for Tuesday so that I could call the college I recently applied to. The had the Nursing Committee meeting on Monday afternoon, and I was told to feel free to call on Tuesday to get the news. Tuesday came, and I called the secretary and asked for the news. My heart sank when she told me that they were not able to review all the files the previous day, and they would not be able to meet until this coming Thursday; I should feel free to call back Friday morning; they had decided it wasn’t fair to share the news with some if they couldn’t share the news with all. I had been fairly confident that I would be accepted with my transfer credits and scores on the placement tests, but all of a sudden I was nervous. I checked Saturday’s mail on Sunday morning, and there was a letter from the Nursing Department. I have been accepted with advanced placement! I am really excited about this, but I still have a lot of decisions to make, and I am not sure if this is the best way to go.
We had a nice get together with the family yesterday at my aunt’s in celebration of Father’s Day. The parents, grandparents, and a few aunts and uncles were there. It was nice and low key. The kids still took a dip in the pool even though it was raining, and the babies got to spend some time with my cousin’s children who are very close in age.
This week coming up I have a lot of work to get done.
- I have to get the bathroom all cleaned out tonight for the contractors who are coming tomorrow to start work on finishing the bathroom.
- I need to actaully get some meals made instead of just thinking about it. Last week I cooked 2 all out family dinners, I would like to at least increase by one a week until it is habit on a daily basis. I am trying to balance how to do this with not walking in the door with the littles until almosr 6 p.m.; this is something that is proving difficult for me.
- I need to get a meal plan done for our vacation so we know what to bring. This has to be done as we will be about an hour away from the grocery store once we get into camp. Once we get in and settled, I would like to not have to head out to town at all for the week.
- I need to start getting things together in general for our upcoming vacation. Lots of laundry needs to be done and packing started at least towards the end of this week.
- I need to gather as much information about as many other nursing programs as possible so that I can do a real comparison of the pros and cons of each and make a final decision as to what the best way to go is.
- I want to get back to the berry patch and get a lot more berries so that I can make some more jam and freeze some whole and sliced berries. We have to see what the weather brings before making those plans though; I heard it’s suppose to rain all week!
That’a all I’ve got going on these days. I will have some new pics of the garden posted soon, as well as a report on how the Dr. Bronner’s pest spray worked.